Years ago, my sister-in-law (the same one who inspired this blog) got me into using essential oils.
I was having some health concerns that weren’t being totally remedied by normal western medicine. Now, I think that modern western medicine has a time and a place and I still go to the doctor and yes, I do take prescriptions as needed. I am also a firm believer that the best way to get the best health care is to also compound western medicine with natural medicine – addressing your diet and using other natural aids (like essential oils) to make sure you are treating the whole self.
A quick basic overview of Essential Oils:
- They are derived directly from the plants they are named after. Lavender Oil, for example, is taken directly from the plant!
- They can be used 3 ways – Aromatically, Topically, and Internally – depending on the oil.
- They need to be used safely – depending on the oil they need to be diluted or taken via a veggie capsule, as each oil is different and can be used different ways.
- They need to be of high quality to be effective – for example, doTerra is Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils, which ensure that no harmful chemicals or additives are in the oils.
- They can be used for household uses, such as replacing chemical cleaning products with those based on Essential Oils.
If you want to know more, you can click here to find more info.